After 2 days of 3 families living in our home [7 adults, 1 teen, 6 kids], I’m hardly an expert on community, but I’d like to offer some random thoughts.
- Jesus is awesome.
- Love covers a multitude of sins.
- the Holy Spirit is real. He can help with amazing things and simple things- He can blind your eyes to offenses, and fill your heart with love for family and friends and strangers
- Christian life is really easy: all you have to do is live in God’s presence.
- Christian life is really hard: all you have to do is live in God’s presence.
- It is good to be intentional, right away, as soon as you feel prompted. Delayed obedience causes mess.
- It is good to be intentional about corporate worship. Worship invites God’s presence. God’s presence is love. Love covers a multitude of sins.
- Humility is better than pride. It’s easy to become prideful when you think you’re being humble.
I’ve got a lot more going on in my heart and head, but just a bit more of the back story. Our friends from Trinity Works [whom we met 2 months ago], are what I would call Urban Missionaries. They don’t have a home of their own. They’re weird and don’t focus on accumulating things. I’ve had 2 grown men break down and cry un-prompted in my kitchen because of the love they have for Jesus, and the burden they carry for the lost. This is rare. This is beautiful.
Jesus is answering my prayers. He is teaching me through these families how to carry His heart. The flesh counts for nothing, the Spirit counts for everything [John 6:63]. God is up to something and it is very good.